Metal Roof vs Shingle Roof – Which is better for you?
Time to have a new roof installed? Or are you building your dream home? Now is the time to learn the pros and cons of two popular roofing system options––metal roofs and shingle roofs. Both roofing systems are long lasting, but there are some unique differences between them.
Metal roofing systems can offer a range of benefits to homeowners. One of the key advantages of a metal roof is its longevity, as many can last between 40 to 70 years depending on their composition. Additionally, metal roofing is incredibly durable and capable of sustaining wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour.
If you think a metal roof is right for you, WeatherShield can provide you with a custom fit standing seam roof system. WeatherShield has years of expertise and a wealth of knowledge to provide you a best in class metal roof system. By taking precise measurements, our expert fabricators will roll each panel, trim, flashing, etc. on-site, which eliminates having to order prefabricated roof panels from a supplier. Here are just a few of the benefits of a metal roofing system installed by WeatherSheild:
- We use 24g metal when fabricating all of our roof panels as opposed to 26g which is a weaker metal
- Metal roofs are energy efficient
- Metal roofs are durable and long lasting
- Able to gain insurance discounts
- WeatherSheild has certified metal roof installers and fabricators
- Certified contractor with multiple roofing manufacturers
- WeatherShield offers galvalume, standard and premium colors to choose from
Composition Shingle Roofs
Composition roof shingles are some of the most common roofing materials on the market today. However, with WeatherShield Roofing, you can make your design look extraordinary. Composite roofing comes in a variety of styles and textures to suit your needs, and offer long-lasting durability when it comes to home security.
Composite shingles are very easy to replace, either when you want to resurface an entire roof or repair specific areas. That means that the cost of maintaining your roof could be even lower when you utilize shingles.
Here are just a few of the benefits of a composition shingle roofing system installed by WeatherSheild:
- New construction and re-roof crews available
- We offer class III, IV, impact resistant, shake and slate style shingles
- Shingle roofs are very economical
- Atlas, TAMKO, GAF, etc.
Whether you are building a new home or need a new roof on your existing home, WeatherShield can help you make the best decision for your home. Call WeatherShield Roofing & Sheet Metal for your residential roofing needs! To learn about our services or to make an appointment give us a call at (817) 441-1446. We are your roofing experts.